funsec mailing list archives

Attacked by Bank of America!!

From: RandallM <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:53:42 -0600

Hi
Well this is interesting. Read the news on "Anonymous" attacking Bank
of Americal yesterday morning.
(https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/10542-Bank-of-America-Hit-By-Anonymous-DDoS-Attack.html)

Came to work, a small production marketing plant, and while doing
morning network work checks begin to notice various "port scans",
UDP/ICMP requests. AND THEN..BAM! for over 5 hrs went to no internet
until I was able to get ATT to block such to our broadcast IP from the
backbone.

The mystery is the bank of America part or spoof of. Here is two of
the IP's used that I was able to capture with Wireshark:

Internet Protocol, Src: wwwui.global.bankofamerica.com (171.159.228.173),
Internet Protocol, Src: 165.48.113.48 (165.48.113.48),

Anyone else have this happen or know of someone?

--
been great, thanks
RandyM