funsec mailing list archives

Re: Important notice about your addons.mozilla.org account

From: Reed Loden <reed () reedloden com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 02:06:35 -0600

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 21:46:09 -0500
Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:

Does this look right to you? The only links in it are e-mail addresses on
Mozilla.org, but there's nothing about this on the add-ons site or their
discussion forum.

It's legit.
http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2010/12/27/addons-mozilla-org-disclosure/

I think it must be legit, but it's clumsy. In fact I can't log in to my
addons.mozilla.org account with the password I think I used, but I've
forgotten these things in the past.

Only users who had not changed their passwords since the transition to
SHA-512 hashes were sent the e-mail (those who still had MD5 hashes in
the DB). Since you received the e-mail, you'll need to go through the
normal "forgotten password" process to get a new password, as the MD5
hashes were all removed.

~reed
Mozilla Security Group

--