funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: About Your Bank Draft!!!. I am Barrister John Floyd, I have been waiting for you to contact me for your confo

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:32:45 +1300

Jeffrey Walton wrote:

Just slid by Google's filters. The scam's message was in the subject
with an empty body.

FWIW, this is not exactly new...

   http://www.virusbtn.com/resources/spammerscompendium/bigheader.xml

OK -- so that example was from a different subject realm, combined
other filter-avoiding tricks (such as easily readable mis-spellings and
unnecessary hyphenation), and I'm sure that that was not the first
instance ever seen either, but the idea has been around for a while.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald