funsec mailing list archives

Killer lawnmowers

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:39:31 -0800

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/7196291.html

This is one of the most stupidly written stories I've read in a long time.

"The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says 50-year-old Connie Spence of Francis was
riding the lawnmower down a city street when she hit a pothole about 10:15 p.m.
Friday and was thrown off. Investigators say the six-speed, 12.5 horsepower, 38-
inch mower then ran over Spence, killing her."

Would the result have been different if she had hit the pothole earlier or later than
10:15 pm?

Was the mower engaged, or was she just killed by having a 100 pound vehicle drive
over her?

(How on earth do you fall off a riding mower in such a way that it then runs over
you?)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
      Photons have mass?  I didn't even know they were Catholic!
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade