funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Military Wants to Exert Influence Over Private Cyber Infrastructure

From: Dave Paris <dparis () w3works com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 02:26:23 +0000

On 8/27/2010 1:05 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:

Considering how the U.S. Military can't even protect it's own networks
against well-known USB malware, I find this suggestion laughable.
[...]

But not just *any* of their networks, a *classified* network.

I think I'm more offended than in hysterics.  A) they've proven they're
not up to the job on their "critical assets" network - let alone their
garden variety networks.  B) uhmmm.. right.  US Military having control
over private networks.  Pretty sure something in the Constitution says
that's against the rules.

That takes some titanium cajones.  I'd like to see Herr Lynn's letter of
resignation over this one.