funsec mailing list archives

RIAA wants Congress to mandate FM radios in electronics

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:27:26 -0800

http://bit.ly/95JGKq

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/08/radio-riaa-mandatory-fm-radio-
in-cell-phones-is-the-future.ars

RIAA says Congress should mandate that FM radio receivers be built into cell
phones, PDAs, and other portable electronics.

Is the RIAA so backward that they think broadcast radio is the latest technology?

Why not AM radio?

As I heard once on Monty Python, "Explain to me the logic underlying that
stement."

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
You are entering a timeless world of bugs and bloat.  As the
NetBIOS tightens around you, you can dimly make out a signpost up
ahead.  Your silent screams go unheard as you read that you are
entering ... the Microsoft Zone
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade