funsec mailing list archives

Re: funniest article!

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

"No consumer could reasonably be misled into thinking vitaminwater was a

healthy beverage"

I'm lolsing at the irony. "It's snake oil, not like real vitamins".

No, all vitamins are snake oil. Scientific research has proven that vitamins do
not make you healthier, at least in places like the United States where people
get far too many nutrients, rather than not enough. Sure, if you are starving in
places like Africa, vitamins will help you -- but so will the calories from Coca
Cola's "vitaminwater".

Milk is often advertised as "healthy" because it contains "calcium" that helps
"build bones". It also the second largest source of saturate fat in our diets,
which leads to heart disease -- a far bigger problem than weak bones in rich
countries like the U.S. The health claims of milk are far more exaggerated than
"vitaminwater".

All the crap sold promising vitamins or antioxidants or nutrients or all-natural
herbs or any of that crap is equally misleading as "vitaminwater".