funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.A.E. Declares BlackBerry a Security Risk

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:06:23 -0400 (EDT)

Why the BlackBerry in particular?
Perhaps because their entire operation is run as poorly as their
email system?
So Obama is allowed to carry one, why, exactly?

I'm reminded of a past workplace.  They gave me a crackberry until I
made it clear I had no intention of reading my email on it, at which
point they reclaimed it and gave it to someone else.  (Small loss; the
user interface would have driven me nuts to try to use to any
significant extent.)

I would have expected giving one's login password to someone outside
the company would be a firing offense, but apparently it's OK when the
"someone" in question is RIM.  I've never quite understood why.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org