funsec mailing list archives

Re: Finland makes broadband access a legal right

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:56:59 -0700

And, one notes, somewhat contrary to RFC 1087, which notes that
"Access
and use of the Internet is a privilege and should be treated as such
by
all users of
this system."

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1087.html

[Tomas L. Byrnes] And contrary to my right to deny any traffic I don't
choose to accept form entering my network.

They can mandate local loops. They may even be able to mandate transit
in Finland, and in any provider that wishes to peer in Finland, but
their right to send packets ends at my border router/firewall.