funsec mailing list archives

Re: netiquette argument of the month

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 23:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

I don't see it as rudeness

Of course not.  You do it.

for a common harmless practice they disapprove of, they are rude, and
I don't want them as my friends.

If it were indeed harmless, I might agree.

But I fully expect you to espouse the view that for you to waste
others' resources is fine because...well, I'm not entirely sure why.
Maybe because you have a excess of those resources at your disposal,
sufficient to tolerate the additional load if it were placed on you
instead, and have trouble understanding how anyone else could be less
fortunate?

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org