funsec mailing list archives

Wikipedia as IP theft enabler?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:44:50 -0800

I am not a huge fan of Wikipedia, in terms of tech accuracy, as I’ve noted before.
For a quick idea of a new term it’s great: beyond that, watch out.

However, Charles Muller has pointed out something I hadn’t considered:  that,
given it’s popularity, Wikipedia is a prime vector for losing control of your
intellectual property.  As one who has had masses of work ripped off by others, I
have to be sympathetic to his argument.  He’s got a couple more good points in
this quick little piece.

http://www.acmuller.net/wikipedia.html

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Hear, O Israel:  The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the
Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with
all your strength.                               - Deuteronomy 6:4,5
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade