funsec mailing list archives

Re: Facebook etiqutette query ...

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:55:35 +0300

On 5/18/10 3:56 AM, Rick Wesson wrote:
a friend of ours passed away a few weeks ago, young guy, just 37 years old and
had a massive heart attack on the couch; his wife found him when she came home.
Its a bummer. We were wondering what to do with his FB page.

It's en "empty space". We call these empty spaces.

Back in the day when people left or were removed from Facebook, their
messages would disappear completely, leaving comment dialogues as
monologues, etc. The name stuck.

I still run across Dude on LinkedIn on occasion.

-rick

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon&  Hannah wrote:
To depart from the topic of privacy, momentarily, I note that it has recently
become fashionable to create a Facebook "group" in memory of some departed
loved one.

Which raises the question:

am I supposed to be a "fan" of the fact that someone I knew died?

or am I supposed to "like" the fact that a friend has died?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
For any number X which is less than 2^N (for any N), a maximum of
(N + log(N) + log (log(N)))/8 bytes is necessary to represent X.
The math could be slightly incorrect, but it sounds right.
                                                           - RFC 2795
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade

--
Gadi Evron,