funsec mailing list archives

Re: Car hackers can kill brakes, engine, and more

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:37:24 -0400

" by connecting to a standard diagnostic computer port"

*facepalm*

OK, on the one hand, ODB-2 is rad, and doing cool things with it is totally
awesome.

On the other hand, this is what happens when people ignore attack vectors.

They have to plug into your ODB-2 port!

At that level of access, they can also stab your tires, fill your engine
with sugar, and my favorite, put Oscar Meyer Bologne on your paint job so
that your entire car becomes polka dotted.

Somehow, I don't expect to see "hackers can polka dot your car" headlines :)

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Juha-Matti Laurio <