funsec mailing list archives

[cisspforum] Convenience is the enemy of security

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 15:20:45 -0800

Unintended consequences of some previous decisions shows up when iPads start
arriving:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/348272/iPad_Intro_Brings_a_Nasty_Surp
rise?source=rss_security

The major cause of computer problems is computer "solutions" ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Nothing is too high for the daring of mortals; we storm heaven
itself in our folly.                              - Horace, Epistles
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    cisspforum-digest () yahoogroups com
    cisspforum-fullfeatured () yahoogroups com

    cisspforum-unsubscribe () yahoogroups com

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/