funsec mailing list archives

Re: Order Enquires Below (fwd)

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 18:15:28 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 06 May 2010 09:10:52 -0400
From:                   Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu

But this guy is spamming to *buy* them.  What's the scam here? The
perpetrators planning to pay with a stolen credit card?

Probably.  I've had lots of spam over the past couple of years asking to buy stuff
from me.  They are probably using stolen cards of various types, and using the
"buy and resell" to launder the cards or accounts.  The stuff they buy gets shipped
to a mule, the goods are resold, the mule ships them on, the money/accounts/etc
gets cleaned, and the actual thieves disappear into the mess.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
              The size of a man is determined by what makes him mad.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade