funsec mailing list archives

Re: Ford's SyncMyRide -- all your voice are belong to us?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:16:07 -0800

Date sent:              Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:36:41 -0800
From:                   Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer () gmail com>

Tellme may also, at
Ford's request, randomly record and assemble in sequence, all voice
communications

OK, so Ford and Tellme can record your conversations, and then assemble
"random" bits in order to make an interesting and blackmailable (or otherwise
embarrassing) piece?

I think this is appalling, and should not be allowed.  Like anyone would agree to
the idea that it's in order for these really expensive, from Ford, to record
everything you say.  Come on, really, please!

Or, as Tellme might say:

I d  Like to order really expensive, Ford,  really, please!

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Home is what the English have instead of social skills    - Kate Fox
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade