funsec mailing list archives

Re: Network solutions admits to "few hundred" defacements

From: "Thomas Raef" <TRaef () wewatchyourwebsite com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:57:45 -0600

No. Not with them.

The thing is, with the case of Network Solutions, is that from what I've
read it was the result of remote file inclusion (RFI). How is it they
have to take the fall for that. Granted if it happened on a shared
server it shouldn't have infected hundreds of websites on that same
server, but, from what I know, RFI attacks are typically the result of
bad programming.

Thomas J. Raef
e-Based Security
"You're either hardened or you're hacked!"
We Watch Your Website
"We Watch Your Website - so you don't have to."