funsec mailing list archives

TSA Logo Contest

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:12:04 -0800

Bruce Schneier has done it again.  In today's Crypto-Gram, he proposed a contest:

"Over at "Ask the Pilot," Patrick Smith has a great idea:  "Calling all
artists: One thing TSA needs, I think, is a better logo and a snappy
motto. Perhaps there's a graphic designer out there who can help with a
new rendition of the agency's circular eagle-and-flag motif. I'm
imagining a revised eagle, its talons clutching a box cutter and a
toothpaste tube. It says 'Transportation Security Administration' around
the top. Below are the three simple words of the TSA mission statement:
'Tedium, Weakness, Farce.'"

"Let's do it.  I'm announcing the TSA Logo Contest.  Rules are simple:
create a TSA logo.  People are welcome to give ideas in the comments,
but only actual created logos are eligible to compete.  Contest ends on
February 6."

Yes, that's great.  But what really got me howling was the prize list:

"Winner receives copies of my books, copies of Patrick Smith's book, an empty
12-ounce bottle labeled "saline" that you can refill and get through any TSA
security checkpoint, and a fake boarding pass on any flight for any date."

Submit your entry, and view other entries, at the blog post:
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2010/01/tsa_logo_contes.html

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.    - Alan J. Perlis
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade