funsec mailing list archives

Re: ram scraper

From: The Security Community <thesecuritycommunity () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:04:49 -0500

The last time I rented a car (August, Enterprise) the ass-end of the
POS terminal I was served at presented me (the customer) with two USB
sockets.  The counter people were in and out of the office constantly
and although there was video surveillance it wouldn't have been
difficult to plug a thumb drive in on the off chance autorun wasn't
disabled.

Also, why on Earth do POS terminals have enough Internet/Web access to
upload files to anywhere?  So the help can watch hulu between
customers?