funsec mailing list archives

Re: McAfee really DOES write new Malware! Wholey Moley!

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:06:50 -0400

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 01:06:29PM -0700, Dragos Ruiu wrote:
Who's "we" white man?

<chuckle> Is this the part where I pull out the old SNL sketch
featuring people who are very, very, extremely white? ;-)

You can fault the IT industry for not allocating enough training budget
for these kinds of security courses, but you can't fault the security
industry for not offering training in this area.

Fair enough.  But I'll also fault the people working in the IT industry,
budget or no, for not reading extensively and widely.  (And I'll point
that finger at myself, too.)  While the fine details are certainly myriad
and thus time-consuming to learn, for most people, the broad, overall
perspective isn't hard to acquire *if people would only pay attention*.

Sigh.  <insert curmudgeonly rant here>

---Rsk