funsec mailing list archives

Re: Rethinking FUNSEC

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:07:13 +0200

Barry Raveendran Greene wrote:
Hi Team,

IMHO, the garbage in the press are influencing policy makers in governments
and corporations to the wrong conclusions. Conclusions which lead to actions
which is not addressing the reality of the threats. This is now not
something to be laughed at, but something which is hurting the industry.

I'm already started to tear into articles which as flawed, not researched,
and garbage. I will continue to do that.

But we have another option - take the FUNSEC dialog public. This is not
opening the list, this is taking these conversations - which deal with
critiquing press articles -  public and searchable.

Thoughts?

I think it's a great idea, if you mean making use of what's discussed
here in a more accesible public fashion, perhaps even in official
statements.

But as to searchable...