funsec mailing list archives

Re: Dangerous promises...

From: chris () blask org
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:20:26 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 11/12/09, Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:

Australian Technicians Develop Virus Proof Computers

http://virusproofcomputers.com.au/how_it_works.htm

"Sometimes it's not as important to know HOW it works, just that it DOES work!"

Absolute, complete, unvarnished:  snake oil.

"Read crazy jokes from your friends without fear of accidentally downloading a virus (some naive friends send you
emails with viruses hidden behind pictures)."

Yeah, crazy jokes about companies who claim, "we can guarantee you absolute safety."

I'd say we all chip in and buy one just to hack the butt-cheeks out of it, but I'd hate to give these chimps a thin
dime.

-chris