funsec mailing list archives

Re: Energy Department forced to release photos of trucks used to transport nuclear bombs and components and nuclear weapons materials

From: Todd Parker <kitsune () sbcglobal net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 15:01:48 -0700 (PDT)

Frankly, I do not see what was gained by the Friends of Earth, or lost by the DOE. The trailer looks like any other
unmarked (or minimally marked) trailer roaming our highways.

There is a USPS sorting building near my office, there is no marking other than an alphanumeric on the rear door. The
pictured rig would fit right in to the hundreds that pass by each day.

I also bet that there is no guarantee or even a gentleman's agreement that the same tractor will be used every time.

These are not the Safeguards Transporters you are looking for. Move along, move along.