funsec mailing list archives

First class and free drinks

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:12:15 -0800

Concerning Schneier's blog posting at:

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/12/separating_expl.html

and the attendant quote:

 I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something
 that you can only foil by upgrading the passengers to first
 class and giving them free drinks.

(which is probably going for most reblogged/retweeted security phrase right about
now):

Why not?  This makes a lot of sense.  Islamic terrorists wouldn't drink, right?  So
turning down free drinks identifies them.  Of course, you'd get a lot of false
positives out of the teetotalers, like me.  So, you put them all up front in first
class, where there are more staff per passenger, in order to keep an eye on them.
If you keep checking to see if there is anything they need, then they have no time
to do whatever they need to do in order to set off the Destructive Depends.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first call promising.
                                                    - Cyril Connolly
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade