funsec mailing list archives

Re: CNNIC Will Begin to Require Hard Copy Domain Name Applications

From: rick wesson <rick () support-intelligence com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:35:24 -0800

Odd, I own a .CN accredited registrar through neustar, but have not seen
anything about new rules regarding paperwork.

-rick

Buhrmaster, Gary wrote:
This should help dramatically cut back on malicious .CN domain
registrations by Eastern European criminals -- stay tuned.

I hope your enthusiasm is well placed.  But then I remember
atrivo/intercage.....  Where there is money to be made, the
registrations will follow.

(I am firmly in the "follow the money" camp, and have this
suspicion that some .cn registrars may be more willing to
accept interesting paperwork than others.)

Gary