funsec mailing list archives

Re: can someone please try and explain to me....

From: Morrow Long <morrow.long () yale edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:51:14 -0400

From: Steve Pirk <orion () pirk com>

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Gadi Evron wrote:
Why people call this so-called Korea DDoS a cyber war? Don't people know
how the Internet works yet?

        Gadi.

I have been wondering the same thing. I am behind on this one. Links
to good write-ups anyone have?
--
steve

The Associated Press story update from today with a diagram (on NPR's website):

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106371956

Diagram:

http://www.npr.org/templates/common/image_enlargement.php?imageResId=106417430&imageStoryId=106371956

Korean A/V vendor AhnLab (http://global.ahnlab.com/) -- who discovered and investigated many of the infected PCs in South Korea apparently -- has a big Emergency Announcement banner on their main webpage warning of the "DDOS Attack ALERT!". Clicking on it takes you to a page on "Win-Trojan/Agent.67072.DL":

        http://global.ahnlab.com/global/viruscenter_view.ESD?virus_seq=28882&seType=1