funsec mailing list archives

Re: when scifi becomes ridiculous reality

From: Stephen Pirk <steve () pirk com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:41:20 -0700

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 03:26, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

When scifi becomes ridiculous reality:
http://xkcd.com/635/

Gadi,

Exactly how I feel. Too friggin' funny. So many scfi adventures from my
teenage years are coming back to say "see I told you so..."

o Islands in the net - Bruce Sterling - 1988 - I am living that job now -
too surreal... [well the remote/mobile part anyway ;-]

o Voyagers '84?, Voyagers II '86 (the alien within) and Voyagers III? (star
brothers?) - Ben Bova - If only Obama _had_ a "brother" to help him ;-]

o The city and the stars (re-write of "Against the fall of night") - 1956
Arthur C Clarke - We need a _bunch_ of Alvin's right now...

Just some thoughts...

questions? comments? flames?
-steve
--
steve pirk
refiamerica.org

--
steve pirk
refiamerica.org
"father... the sleeper has awakened..." paul atreides - dune
Sent from Bremerton, WA, United States