funsec mailing list archives

Re: Report: Most Twitter Tweets 'Pointless Babble'

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:14:47 -0400

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:23:02 EDT, David M Chess said:

twitter needs filtering!!11!".

That's fixing the symptom. The root cause is that the gene pool needs a
good shot of chlorine...

Reported today by our help-desk manager:

Help desk: Your new password is "hokie", all lower case letters
User: I forget how to spell hokie.. is it two Os or one?

The user is a VT alumnus. *facepalms*...

(Just Google 'hokie' and ponder the list of results if you don't already
get it.  And yes, we should give them a better password, even if it's a
one-shot-better-change-it-now throwaway.  But if they can't even spell hokie,
the better password is just going to result in another help desk call...)