funsec mailing list archives

Re: Quote of The Week

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 06:42:59 -0400

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 08:34:40PM -0700, Paul Ferguson wrote:
"It?s clear that the way ICANN has seemed to steamroll dissenters on new
gTLDs has been heard loud and clear on Capitol Hill."

<chuckle> I've made it a standard practice to permanently blacklist
new gTLDs as soon as they go live.  .mobi, for instance.  I figure
the only people buying domains there are (a) abusers like spammers,
phishers and domain speculators (b) folks trying to keep domains
away from (a) and (c) people too stupid to use a "mobi" subdomain
to do exactly what they could do already.  In any of these cases,
there's no need to accept any mail from them, ever.

---Rsk