funsec mailing list archives

Re: How many nukes can reach your location?

From: Steve Pirk <orion () pirk com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:33:55 +1000, silky said:
It counts nukes from the country entered, which is a little weird.

I'll posit that for many people living in a nuclear state (declared or not),
the threat of being nuked by your own gone-batshit leadership trying to
put down a rebellion/insurrection/invasion on their own territory is
actually *higher* than being nuked by some other nuclear state.

curmudgeon came to the same conclusion but as the result of an
external force re-targeting our own nukes (who says it has to be hostile
from within?). I can see the next Die Hard - going after cyberterrorists
that are taking over our nuke control systems remotely somehow.

2347 from USA - That makes 7228 for Kitsap county WA. I _can_ say that
we will go in the first 3 or 4 that are launched... Small things like
the west coast nuke subase (Bangor), Widby Island NAS, and Puget Sound
Naval shipyard within 5 miles... Can you say extra crispy? ;-\
--
steve