funsec mailing list archives

Re: Rage against spammers and telemarketers

From: Charles Miller <cmiller () securityevaluators com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:02:37 -0500

Its not nice, but "terrorist".  I think we use this word too easily.

Charlie

On Jul 22, 2009, at 8:38 AM, Alex Eckelberry wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/nsonsr

An Ohio man, fed up with deceptive junk mail, made the mistake of
losing his temper while on the phone with a St. Louis company
pitching an extended auto-service contract. Now he finds himself
behind bars, where he is charged with making a terrorist threat.

According to court documents, Charles W. Papenfus, 43, allegedly
told a sales representative during a May 18 telephone call that he
would burn down the building and kill the employees and their
families. He was indicted for making a terrorist threat, a Class D
felony; and he could be sentenced to up to four years in prison if
convicted.