funsec mailing list archives

Re: I wrnd u abt ths ...

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:45:20 -0400

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:04:55PM -0800, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
Hackers managed to hijack some 2.2 million links posted through the URL
shortening service Cligs, redirecting the links to a single page.

This will only get worse: URL-shortening services are abuse magnets, and
none of them have the enormous resources that it would take to detect
and remedy that abuse before it becomes rampant.  So even if we credit
them with the best of intentions (and mostly, I don't) they're going
to fail.

---Rsk