funsec mailing list archives

Re: CommBank cops sustained online fraud attack

From: Kane Lightowler <kanelists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:55:03 +1000

 Well i would say somoene is going to be pissed off when they get their
credit card statement and find all the charger from toll free forwarding!

The one with the phone number (I sifted through ~10k commbank phish
and only came up with one unique number) is interesting. I just pinged
the phone number and it's still active, 2 rings then diverted to the
scammers, with the recorded message asking for card details. To
hesitate a guess, i'd say someone in Queensland is going to be
seriously pissed off when they get their next phone bill.

I guessed wrong. A quick google search for the number
(http://www.google.com/search?q=61-730188670) returns one result,
http://www.tollfreeforwarding.com/brisbane-phone-numbers.html