funsec mailing list archives

Ummmm, did they actually look at any of those .info sites?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:22:23 -0800

A global provider of Internet infrastructure services, announced on May 13 that a
new Global Phishing Survey reveals that the .INFO domain is the generic top-level
Internet domain (gTLD) safest from phishing attacks. The results of the Survey
show that, during the second half of 2008, .INFO had the lowest phishing rates
and the lowest average attack duration among the gTLDs measured. .INFO’s
phishing durations were half the world average.

http://www.afilias.com/news/2009/05/13/new-report-shows-info-domain-safest-
phishing-attacks

(OK, I didn't do a survey, and I am probably even working from old impressions.
But it seems to me I saw an awful lot of dangerous stuff on .info sites, in
comparison to actual legit material ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
    Key escrow to rule them all; key escrow to find them.
    Key escrow to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the land of surveillance where Big Brother lies.
                                                     - Peter Gutmann
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/