funsec mailing list archives

fravia

From: silky <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:51:03 +1000

Sad news here: http://fravia.com/swansong.htm

"Yet my most cherished advice to all friends is the following: learn
to enjoy your contingent present, don't be obsessed by the future.
Carpe diem, and enjoy the current emotions: a starry sky, a fresh
wind, the shells on the seashore, your love at your side in the night,
a long talk in the evening twilight with a friend, the smile of your
kids. Substituting *that* with a TV -or a computer screen- is a very
poor bargain... that is one of the few things I am now pretty sure of.
"

Couldn't agree more with this.

Very sad.

--