funsec mailing list archives

Re: Best Headline of The Day

From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

From: Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>

I gotta hand it to you Anton -- even during RSA week, you win the Headline
of the Day today with:

"PCI DSS is NOT a Pill Against Stupid"

Agreed.  That really does sum it up, and well said, too.

I apparently love the purist vs. pragmatist debate (or I'm a glutton), but regardless what arguments are put out there
the DSS nevertheless exists, section 6 of the Cybersecurity Act of 2009
(http://www.motleymoose.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1289) and all it implies is coming down the pike and all of it is part
of a long-running trend of "not being left to fiddle this all out by ourselves" that we better get used to.

Sure, worst-case-regimes could *make* you a little bit stupider but none of it is going to keep you from being stupid
under your own power.

-chris