funsec mailing list archives

Re: BBC Crosses The Line Again

From: nick hatch <nicholas.hatch () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:01:43 -0700

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>wrote:

I guess "possession of stolen property" doesn't apply in the UK...

Sarcasm? We're talking about data, not physical property.

Honestly, this story doesn't seem to deviate much from the tried-and-true TV
investigative journalism formula: Explain the problem, go participate in a
recorded transaction to illustrate the problem, confront the wrong doer on
tape, poke them with soft-ball questions when they lie, revisit the problem
and ask why law enforcement isn't doing more.

s/Thailand/India/
s/underage prostitutes/credit card details/
s/no real sex/no fraudulent purchases/

-Nick