funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:07:11 -0700

If you used twitter, you'd know that your example is an extreme corner
case.

Still haven't gotten the postcard.

On Mar 17, 2009, at 1:04 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:28:50 PDT, "Paul M. Moriarty" said:
I'm not going on a trip to Corner Case Land with you.  Send me a post
card.

It's hardly a "corner case".  If somebody is following 11 people,
and is
being followed by somebody who only follows 6 people, how much of a
snob
are they, really?  And is it realistic that if they're followed by
1K people,
that they're supposed to follow hundreds/thousands themselves to
eliminate
any "snobbery" taint?

Let's say I join Twitter, and I start following 10 people that I
actually
give a flying f**k in a rolling donut what they twitter.  Nobody is
following
me.  Am I a twitsnob?

What if those 10 people start following me, even when I've done
nothing
different?

What if 100 other people start following me?  At what point is it
"snobbery"
rather than just "I have no frikking *clue* who you are or why I
should
follow you"?

You're the one who used the apparently-derogatory term "twitsnob".
You don't
like the term being held up for examination, don't use it.