funsec mailing list archives

Re: heuristics are dead?

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 23:55:51 -0500

oh wonderful....  Now I'm going to have to deal with all the "experts" in my office telling me that Heuristics and
behavioral detection is useless and is no longer working, and might as well be shut off.... because these three fellows
said it  :: sigh :::

  I do have to say that they do make sense in some area... I particularly agree with the Security vs Business
discussion...

  Mike b