funsec mailing list archives

Re: Kaspersky denies data leak following SQL hack

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:28:36 +0200 (EET)

Kaspersky's response is located at
http://www.viruslist.com/en/weblog?weblogid=208187633
(What really happened to usa.kaspersky.com/support)

"We confirm that the vulnerability existed in the new version of usa.kaspersky.com/support. We analyzed the log files
and found requests with SQL injection.
There were several attackers with IP addresses from Romanian ISPs. The requests were initially made with an automated
tool - the screenshots showed that the hackers used a free edition of an Acunetix tool."

Related:
Kaspersky hires expert to analyze Web site hack:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10159640-83.html

Juha-Matti

Juha-Matti Laurio [juha-matti.laurio () netti fi] kirjoitti:
New information to weekend's SQL injection case:

"Russian antivirus vendor Kaspersky Labs's US website was hacked over the weekend, exposing the company's customer
database,
but Kaspersky has denied data was compromised and says the vulnerability wasn't critical.

An unidentified hacker reported over the weekend that he was able to access a complete profile of the company's
databases,
revealing its clients' names, activation codes, list of bugs the company tracks and client email addresses."
--clip--

More at
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39613858,00.htm

Juha-Matti