funsec mailing list archives

Re: idea

From: RandallM <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 10:37:54 -0600

Matt
I am not referring to ddos but to the common folk being hit with the fake
malware and anit viurs programs at tremendous rates lately. Have a way to
"get to" help sites and programs.

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Matt Jonkman <jonkman () jonkmans com> wrote:

You pay big bucks to use akami. And they don't give the service away.

I don't think it's that big a threat these days. Good colo with some
basic anti-ddos isn't to tough to get if you're a frequent target. I
haven't been hit for a half a year at least, and don't expect any
anytime soon.

Matt

RandallM wrote:
Ok, great stuff so far. Is akami the answer. How can that be done. How
can we use that and how can it be tested.

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Matt Jonkman <jonkman () jonkmans com