funsec mailing list archives

Re: idea

From: Matt Jonkman <jonkman () jonkmans com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 01:11:48 -0500

I had a similar idea a few years ago (I may have been drinking at the
time too).

Mine was more oriented to when we were taking a ddos every week as
security projects. I proposed all of us poor open source security
projects band together and do an akami type hosting. Everyone hosted
everyone that was part of the setup, and we used dns to spread the load.

But alas, ddos isn't the problem it used to be. Probably good we didn't
go through the effort to make it happen.

Matt

Paul Ferguson wrote:
It's called Akamai. :-)

- ferg