funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Wire transfer biz dogged by malware, security threats" (ars)

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:48:24 -0500 (EST)

According to security firm Panda Security, however, the wire shops
many of these transactions flow through are handling the cash flow on
systems that are infected with the nastiest kinds of spyware.

They are not alone.  There's a company I know of but won't name here
that found a _keylogger_ on their primary accountant's desktop.  (I
know some of their IT people personally.)  Worse, they apparently
didn't learn anything - the idiots are _still_ running Windows on their
internal machines.  (I don't usually call people I know even
peripherally "idiots", but in this case I think it's warranted.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org