funsec mailing list archives

Re: One billionth mouse...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:53:53 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:46:55 -0500
From:                   Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu

(And for the record, I am a laptop user - and I think the little trackpad
and the silly nipple-in-middle-of-keyboard work so poorly for accurate
positioning (the kind you need for, say, cut-n-paste) that I carry a
Microsoft optical trackball and use that instead.)

The Ikon, originally the product of the Canadian Educational Microcomputer
project, and eventually sold to Burroughs (whence it disappeared more or less at
once), had a wonderful, huge, heavy, inertia-rich trackball.  I fell in love with it
immediately, and, when I couldn't have one, have wondered the world since,
desperately trying to regain my lost love (or something even vaguely similar).

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
If determination, drive, and persistence were the sole qualifiers
of success, toddlers would rule the world.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/