funsec mailing list archives

DoD confirms computer virus in networks

From: "Thomas Raef" <traef () ebasedsecurity com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:30:04 -0600

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/11/military_thumbdrives_computerworm_
112108w/

"The Defense Department confirmed Friday that a virus has infected some
of its computer networks but declined to identify the infection, say
whether it was a direct attack on the networks or confirm published
directives that ban the use of portable storage media such as thumb
drives.

"We are aware of a global virus for which there are some public alerts,"
said Bryan Whitman, Pentagon spokesman. "And we've seen some of this on
our networks. We're taking steps to identify and mitigate the virus."

Thomas J. Raef

www.ebasedsecurity.com

www.wewatchyourwebsite.com

"We Watch Your Website because - you don't"