funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cyberattacks target UK national infrastructure

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:53:47 -0000

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 10:21:36 -0000, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
The computer systems of critical businesses in the UK, such as power
companies and large financial institutions, are being repeatedly probed
steal information or uncover weaknesses that could take them down.

Can I call bollocks on this? Having done IDS stuff for a couple of large
UK companies I have seen nowt other than a few script kiddies, millions of
port scans and SQL Slammer (why isn't this dead yet).

Sounds like he's making a play to introduce more crap legistation...
Unless he's truly stupid enough to think that SQL slammer == sustained
attack...

dave