funsec mailing list archives

drink beer, with a map of Middle Earth on the wall... :)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:05:16 -0500 (CDT)

In Warsaw they have a well hidden pub called the Paradox Cafe. It's what I
call a fandom pub.

It has genre (SF) books all over the walls, card and board games peopel
can just pick up and play, a map of Middle Earth on the wall.. and of
course, Polish beer and girls.

You have to see it to believe it. I've never been anywhere like it
before... and I got there by mistake--in a semi-formal meeting with a
government guy who ended up being an extremely cool, and fannish dude.

High quality pics (public link, the rest on facebook):
http://tinyurl.com/5w72ey

        Gadi.