funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Keyboard sniffers to steal data" (BBC)

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:35:44 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
To: Paul Vixie <vixie () isc org>
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] "Keyboard sniffers to steal data" (BBC)

While this is obviously cool, it amazes me peole fin dthis so amazing when
the technology is 50 years old. I guess we are all just code monkies this
day and age.

I don't know that it is 50 years old.  I *do* know, though, that the
technology was available in the early to mid-1980's.  I remember
reading about it whilst I was in Korea and trying to figure out which
type of machine to get for my office at the MAAG.  (Had to be TEMPEST
certified.)