funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Passports Will Be Needed to Buy Mobile Phones

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:25:21 +1100
From: "quispiam lepidus" <quispiam.lepidus () gmail com>
To: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] UK: Passports Will Be Needed to Buy Mobile Phones

I guess our definition of "popgun" must differ substantially, I'd
hardly consider an AK-47 a "popgun".

Nor a 1911A1 .45 Cal pistol...

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
Or in the USA, actually. They don't allow US subjects to own any
substantial weaponry, only popguns.

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 9B1
San Jose, CA 95134

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson