funsec mailing list archives

Is Ziff Davis using spammers?!?!

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:47:46 -0700 (PDT)

What came to our mailgateway was a virus infected message...  See note
from virus scanner below and last attachment...

Regards,
Gregory hicks

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
To: <funsec () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:18:11 -0400
Subject: [funsec] Is Ziff Davis using spammers?!?!

------------------
Cadence IT Notice: Virus Warning Message (on mx-sanjose)

Security warning EMail_Flaw_MIME_Tag_Overflow in file
The file is deleted.

There is no additional action required. You can safely delete this
email. Call helpdesk if you have any other questions.

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 9B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."

I just received an invitation from Ziff Davis to subscribe to their magazine
Baseline.  What's weird is Ziff thinks my name is "Craig Densberger".  I
haven't a clue who Craig is, but I get a lot of very sleazy spam of the
worse kind that is also sent to Craig Densberger.  Did Ziff hire a spam
company to shill Baseline?  Say it ain't so!

Richard